Color Atelier showroom is open for appointments and order pick ups. Online orders ship out daily.
Authentic slaked limewash finish that gives a softly textured appearance and matte finish in a beautiful range of colors. Bonds to the surface through a natural process resulting in a durable, breathable coating. Can be applied to drywall, plaster, masonry, brick, stone and previously painted surfaces. A brush-applied natural mineral based coating for sophisticated textural finishes.
Prime with Color Atelier Mineral Primer as needed.
In high moisture or high traffic areas, we recommend finishing the Lime Paint with Color Atelier Sealers. The sealer will give protection and is easily cleanable.
If applied over an existing smooth plaster wall, our lime paint can be polished to a shine much like a plaster finish.
Whites and lighter colors have a more subtle movement quality in the finish, whereas darker colors have a more textured appearance to them. In order to increase the movements, similar to a plaster aesthetic, layering two different strengths in the application is a helpful method; usually a darker color goes on the first coat and the lighter color goes on top as the second coat.
- Interior & Exterior use. Ready-mixed. Pre-tinted. Easy to apply.
- Matte, velvety finish with soft movements and natural color variations.
- A breathable, durable, mold & mildew resistant finish makes it ideal for decoration of new and historical buildings.
- Zero VOCs (volatile organic compounds), and virtually odorless.
- Dilutable product, depending on the desired finish, on surfaces like bricks, stones, concrete etc.; adding water will achieve a more translucent finish for a softer washed look. Can be used as a wash to lime woodgrain.
- Will not crack or peel from UV light & acid rain.
- Superior light refraction & luminosity.
- Manufactured in the USA with the highest quality natural ingredients and non-toxic formula. Hypoallergenic produces a healthy indoor living environment, LEED point qualified.
1 gallon covers approximately 400 sq ft in 1 coat, depending on the surface and application, is usually applied in 2 coats.