Tadelakt, an ancient lime plaster finish, dates back to Romans, originated in Morocco. For millennia Tadelakt has been appreciated for its beauty, and function. Color Atelier Tadelakt is made in the U.S., considered for the type of substrates we typically encounter in modern construction.
We practice contemporary application techniques with stainless steel trowels instead of stones, also seal the tadelakt finish with beeswaxes and water based sealers as opposed to soaps in the old times.
Tadelakt Shower Plaster
- Tadelakt is designed for use in wet areas like showers, tub surrounds, and backsplashes. It can also be used for decorative dry area applications, and outdoors.
- It is very durable, breathable, low maintenance, and water resistant.
- Tadelakt finish has a seamless, smooth and slightly shiny appearance with a subtle movement, and luxurious feel.
- Product requires the addition of only clean water for mixing. It will provide excellent bond to any properly prepared porous substrate, interior or exterior.
- Pre-view color palette is available now. New colors will be added soon. lt can also be custom tinted with colorants or dry pigments. Select white for lighter color variations, and grey for darker colors.
- Sealing and/ or Waxing are necessary for surfaces in direct contact with water.
- Made in the USA with highest quality natural ingredients. Formulated with hydraulic minerals, aged lime, marble dust, and mineral pigments. Naturally resistant to mold, mildew, and fungus.
- See the product spec. sheet here. Please note that the Tadelakt application in wet areas requires a certain level of expertise, contact us for further information.